July 08 , 2021
If you have read my previous recipes and follow my Social media accounts, you know how much I love a creamy, delicious Tiramisu.
Classic Tiramissu or Tiramisu is a coffee-flavoured Italian dessert.
It is made of ladyfingers dipped in coffee, layered with a whipped mixture of eggs, sugar, and mascarpone cheese, flavoured with cocoa.
Wait, ladyfingers? what? and sugar,? no thanks. Whipped eggs and more sugar ? hell no!
Let’s make some healthy substitutions here and there and let’s get our hands to work. -Well no so much as this recipe is so easy that when finished you’ll be amazed.
Yes, this recipe is for newbies too! Yet it is extremely decadent and delicious, perfect for a rainy Saturday afternoon, or for that high-end fancy dinner you have tonight. Believe me, this Brownie Tiramissu will have your guests begging for your secrets.
Feel free to share - or not- the recipe with them
To prepare this Guilt Free version of the Classic Tiramissu you’ll need Brownie Mix -I prefer Lili’s Gourmix's of course as I know is the best one- but you can use any other Low Carb Brownie mix - just don’t blame me for the result.
Thin Low Carb Brownie layer, Mascarpone whipped cream and unsweetened cocoa powder join together to indulge our palate.
What do we need besides Lili’s Gourmix Brownie mix? eggs, avocado oil, heavy whipping cream, sweetener of your choice, mascarpone cheese -cream cheese will do too, vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Oh and don’t forget the electric mixer to whip the cream to perfection.
I like to bake the thin brownie layers on a baking tray lined with greased parchment paper to make it easier to transfer after baked, but feel free to make it your way.
the most important detail here is leaving the brownie mixture very thick so it can be easily spread onto the parchment paper. and when done let it cool down until it gets more firm so the borders can be cut, without breaking the cake.
You know I am inspired by the love that is behind each preparation, that genuine pleasure in wanting the other -or oneself- to enjoy without worrying, and that is exactly what this Low Carb Brownie Tiramissu makes me feel!
Are you Diabetic? Celiac? Ketoer? or just want to eat healthier but you don’t have time to cook? or to shop for so many ingredients?
I want to invite you to try this recipe then.
For the Brownie Layer
1 bag of Lili’s Gourmix Brownie mix
¼ cup avocado oil or butter softened
½ cup water
For the Mascarpone Cream
1 cup Mascarpone cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2-3 tablespoons sweetener of choice
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
For the Tiramissu
Espresso or Strong coffee, about ½ cup
- Preheat oven at 360
- Prepare Brownie batter mixing all the ingredients, spread batter onto a greased parchment lined baking tray to make a 1.4’’ large layer.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until done. let it cool completely before cutting, remember brownie comes out of the oven so soft that they seem raw
- With the electric mixer on high, beat all the ingredients together until a soft and creamy texture is achieved.
- Once the brownie layer is cool enough, cut the borders with a sharp knife and then cut the layer in half or 4 quarters.
- In a Freezer safe container place the first brownie layer, pour ¼ of the coffee all over, spread mascarpone cream and cover with another brownie layer, repeat all steps finishing with one last layer of Mascarpone Cream.
- Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours.
Defrost only 5 minutes before serving and dust top with cocoa powder.
Enjoy and share if you liked this recipe