June 22 , 2020
Who knows me knows that one of my sinful pleasures is cookies, I love cookies of all kinds, soft or toasted, with chocolate, butter or spices, any occasion is good to enjoy cookies.
What is better for me than a cookie? well a Cookie- or two or three - with coffee !. Who does not like a hot cappuccino accompanied by a freshly baked cookie?
When you visit a friend or someone invite you to an afternoon of tea, what do you bring? Cookies! Watching television one rainy afternoon what do snack on? Cookies!
Sounds delicious right? The point is that I could no longer eat them as before or whenever I craved them me due to Sugar and Gluten issues! Among the first prohibitions I received was: no sweets or cookies! how boring…...
But those bans were left behind a long time ago! Finally I enjoy my cravings again and that is why I want to share with you all my ideas and my mixes to prepare them.
This is a long journey for many, tedious for others but there is one thing for sure and that is that we do not have to do it alone and boring when we can share so much and take care of our health easily and without complications.
So today I bring you this absolutely delicious, simple and fancier variation of the traditional cookie, called Biscotti. Yes! I know you are already remembering them, but this new version is not the sugar and gluten loaded we are used to.
The word Biscotti means cooked twice. For this reason, Biscotti is a kind of elongated cookie or cake similar to a biscuit but firmer that has been cooked twice.
The difference of this Biscotti with the traditional one that you get in the markets, is not its flavor because this is the same or even more exquisite. The difference is that this Biscotti is sugar and gluten free, it has no more than 1 g of carbohydrate per Biscotti, which means that it does not produce an insulin response and does not have a glycemic impact on your body! so everyone is welcome to snack!
Amazing right? Well, even more amazing is how exquisite it tastes, and how roasted it remains even when you dunk it in the coffee!
Are you ready to prepare it? You only need to have Lili’s Gourmix Chocolate Chip Cookie mix, 1 egg, filleted or whole almonds of your choice and a touch of vanilla extract or almond essence.
let's do it!
Ingredients:1 ½ cup Lili’s Gourmix Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
1 tbsp vanilla or almond extract
⅓ cup of softened butter
½ cup sliced or chopped almond
1.Preheat oven to 350
2. In a bowl beat the egg, vanilla and softened butter with a manual whisk
3. Add the cookie mix and fold it in with a spatula
4. Once the dough is formed, add half the almonds and wrap about 4 more times.
5. Separate the cookie dough into two equal portions and make two oval shaped cookies
6. Place them on a cookie sheet covered with a silicone mat
7. Flatten the biscuits a little, leaving the center a little higher than the edges, remember that they grow.
8. Bake for 10 minutes at 350
9. Remove from the oven and cut the biscuits lengthwise without moving them from the tray, with a sharp knife without a saw so that they do not break.
10. Return the tray to the oven and bake for about 8 more minutes or until they are brown, without burning
11. Take them out of the oven and let them cool down well before removing them from the baking mat.
Prepare your cappuccino or tea and share a delicious snack with your loved ones!
With Lili’s Gourmix Everyone is welcome at the table!