April 18 , 2021
The Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookie tart is the perfect combination that will hit all your sweet spots, because what else can you ask for in a dessert, you got the caramel, the chocolate, and to top it all the chocolate chip cookies. Is a dream come true.
Of course for me I needed to add a little twist to make it Sugar free, Low Carb, Gluten Free, and Keto friendly. You may think that such an amazing dessert is impossible to transform into something healthy and delicious.
Well let me prove you wrong
I decided to make this little piece of heaven one day that I was craving for something that had a little bit of everything, so I came across this recipe and decided to do it using my cookie mix.
I already have a good part of the work done, I just needed to get started with the rest, the Lili’s gourmix it’s pretty easy to prepare and can save you time.
I’m not gonna lie, the recipe takes a little bit of time because it's a three layer cookie, and you gotta prepare everything, and put it all together but trust me it is all worth it.
When I prepared my chocolate chip caramel cookie tart I was home alone having some me time, so when the kids got home and saw what I’ve made they got so excited and started to eat it all, they didn’t even notice that it was sugar free, low carb, gluten free, and keto friendly because it tasted amazing.
So let’s get started with our delicious chocolate chip caramel cookie tart, the base is topped with homemade salted caramel, and then topped with a rich chocolate fudge glaze.
How to make Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookie Tart:
You need to prepare 3 layers, Cookie layer, Caramel layer and Chocolate Layer
Chocolate Chip Cookie Base
- 1 bag of Lili’s Gourmix Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1 egg
- ¾ stick salted butter
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup salted butter
- 3 tablespoon 1:1 sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup sugar free dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Make the cookie base
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Follow instructions on the bag to prepare cookie dough
- Scoop, then press the batter into a rectangular tart pan. Press up the sides, so the center is lower than the sides. Move the batter filled pan to the fridge for 5 minutes so it's nice and firm and cool before baking.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. The cookie is done when golden brown and puffed up.
- Allow the cookie to cool for 3 minutes, then use a can, metal measuring cup or large metal spoon to press down the center of the cookie, creating a nice sized space for the caramel and chocolate filling to be added. Cool at least 20 minutes before adding caramel sauce.
Make the caramel sauce
- In a large saucepan, add the butter and sweetener, stirring gently to incorporate the ingredients.
- Cook over medium to medium-high heat, stirring gently, until the sweetener dissolves and the mixture is bubbly and golden brown.
- Add heavy cream and continue cooking over medium-low heat until bubbly and thick. The mixture will change from light in color to dark very quickly, so it's important to watch closely and remove the pan from the heat as soon as it's light-medium honey color.
- Once removed from heat, add the vanilla extract and stir to fully incorporate it.
- Allow sauce to cool a bit, then pour into a jar.
- Pour cooled (but still warm enough to be pour-able) caramel sauce into the cooled cookie base, leaving room for the chocolate layer as well. You will likely want to use just a bit more than half of the caramel sauce. Move dessert to the fridge to chill a bit while you prepare the chocolate layer. Store remaining caramel sauce in the fridge to enjoy at another time.
Make the Chocolate Layer
- In a medium sized bowl, mix chocolate and coconut oil and melt it. Microwave: in a microwaveable bowl melt in short intervals (be careful not to overheat). Remove and stir to complete the melting.
Stove Top: (my favorite) mix chocolate and oil in a stainless steel mixing bowl and place it in a water bath stirring until melted.
2. Pour over caramel sauce covering the cookie tart
Cool fully (in the fridge) before slicing
Slice in thin slices, this is very rich! Enjoy!