December 08 , 2020
Keto Pumpkin lovers this recipe is for you!
- Special tips for the most awesome Pumpkin Pie
- Chill your pie dough before rolling
- Partially bake the crust
- Bring your eggs to room temperature for the filling
- Allow the pie to cool completely before serving
- For the Pumpkin Puree: be sure to use pure sugar free canned pumpkin puree or homemade fresh pumpkin puree by roasting your own sugar pumpkins.
- If you don’t have Coconut Cream You could also use the thick part of full-fat canned coconut milk.
- Powdered monk fruit sweetener: I use my own blend of Allulose and Monk fruit but feel free to use the your favorite sweetener
- Doesn’t have Pumpkin Pie Spice: not to worry, just combine cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 bag of Lili’s Gourmix Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1/3 cup cold grass-fed butter or ghee
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 egg
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 can or 15 oz of baked pumpkin or pure pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup canned coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seed butter , (can also sub with almond butter)
- 1/3 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener (or more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
Instructions For the crust
- Combine the Chocolate Chip Cookie mix, salt, butter and coconut oil in a food processor and pulse / process until large pea sized crumbs appear. Add the egg, then pulse again, until dough forms and comes together.
- Gather the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill dough ball in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes, or up to 2 days.
- Once the dough is ready, spread dough all over a regular 9-inch pie dish until walls are also covered, you can also roll dough between two sheets of parchment paper into a large circle big enough to cover the pie dish.
- press into the bottom and the sides of the pan. Trim & flute edges and use any leftovers for cutting out festive shapes, if desired. Carefully pierce holes in the surface using a fork to prevent bubbling and place the pan in the freezer while you preheat the oven and you're ready to prepare the filling.
Make the Filling:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Bake the crust for 15 minutes or until very light golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Add all the ingredients for the filling into a blender and blend until smooth and combined. Pour and spread the filling into the par-baked pie crust.
- Cover the crust edges with a pie shield or aluminum foil to prevent burning. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until center is nearly set (still a bit jiggly) and crust is deep golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature for at least 2 hours. Top with coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired. If making ahead, wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.